Friday, May 15, 2015

Autumn Rain

Hello it’s Fiona
Fiona frame

here with my final guest post on Limor’s wonderful team. If you missed my last post, you can view it here “Lost In Thought”. Before I begin, I would like to thank Limor for giving me the opportunity to design for her. I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the team, joining in with the Ustream workshops, seeing all the wonderful work by the other designers, chatting to members in the Facebook pages and seeing how amazing you all are at creating so many imaginative and beautiful works of art.


unnamed


I leave you with a little art journal spread I just had to create as soon as I saw the Retro Postcard Ephemera pack.For your convenience, I will link up the supplies below for easy reference. I started by making a little Art Journal from an old book cover. I learned basic book binding a couple of years ago and hadn’t used it since. So it was good to run through it again to jog my memory. It’s not perfect but that’s ok too.After prepping the paper I got straight to work adding some old dress pattern paper to the background to give it some texture. I felt it suited the vintage theme of the little book too.


unnamed


I had a bit of the play with the Lindy’s Stamp Gang Flat Shots, simply mixing them with water to make water color paints (as you know, my favorite medium!). I liked the results so these became my background papers.Adding the Lindy’s Stamp Gang “Mango Mania” and “Pineapple Paradise” Flat Shots to the background I knew would give it an Autumn feel. So with my background all done,


unnamed


I decided that I would make some leaves to embellish my page with and boy did they POP! I immediately loved them and couldn’t wait for the page to all come together.


unnamed

After some stamping with the Kaisercraft “Sketchy” background stamp I was ready to position the postcard I had chosen to use as the main feature.To add a bit of interest I decided to cut the feet at the bottom off and position them on the other page as a separate little feature on their own. I loved the city cape with the umbrella and the rain but the feet walking along the wet pavement was really the focus of my inspiration.The final phase was to now bring it all together and highlight certain elements of the page. Washi tape to define the rectangles and the photos, some black chalk paint flecks to bring out the intensity of the colors and that adorable Amy Tangerine Thickers heart to finish it all off.


unnamed


But to be honest, until the leaves were added, I wasn’t sure it was going to work. once they were in place (agonizing experience in itself LOL) THEN I fell in love with it. All it needed was some light
doodling with my little pen and it was complete!

unnamed


You can watch it all unfold in my process video.



I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Again, thank you Limor and thank you everyone for having me here. It has been an absolute pleasure.

xx Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment