Thursday, May 14, 2015

Mixed Media Journal – Laugh

Hi everyone, it’s Vicky here
Vicky Frame

Today, I am going to work on the first page of my mixed media journal. I’m using the mini mixed media journal by Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®. I love this journal because it has nice thick chipboard pages that can take any medium perfectly.


Poppy

And since spring is finally here I had to work on a lovely scene with a poppy. The lovely poppy is a Penny Black stamp. 

unnamed-3

I have used IZINK inks to color the poppies. These inks are an acrylic-based pigment that dries permanent and semi transparent. I will also use my favorite PITT® brush markers to add shading.

unnamed

For the background I have used one of my favorite techniques which creates a lovely textured mosaic. To do this I am cutting out small patterned paper pieces in random sizes, and sticking
them one next to the other, making sure that I overlap them on the edges.


unnamed-3


To find out more on the techniques I used and for a step by step video on this page check out the video below:


3 comments:

  1. Loved the look!, will try out these techniques, especially like the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is amazing - I love your videos. You go at a good speed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome, as always, Vicky! I especially like the layered paper strips, and that poppy die!

    ReplyDelete