Monday, June 22, 2015

Lotus Tag by Zoey




Hello everyone!

Zoey's here and today we will create together a very special TAG!

I always loved this quote, "May you exist like the Lotus, at ease in muddy water", since my first yoga less. Yes, Yes, I know, Yoga is more than just a pretty quote...but since I started doing yoga I also started reading quotes about yoga, I am so a stereotype! LOL.

Anyway, the brand new stamp collection by Limor Webber Designs and IndigoBlu : "Lotus" Limor Webber Designs Stamps by IndigoBlu was simply perfect! I love how detailed this stamp is.

As always the base of my projects are upcycled cardboard, so I cut this into a tag shape, and using a brayer, I applied Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Gesso. I left some spot without Gesso because I wasn't trying to cover the entire piece, I was just going to add texture.



I randomly cut a few pieces of paper from an old German dictionary and some scraps from Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap and using Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Gel Medium I adhered these pieces to the background, overlapping some. Then with a baby wipe I added some more Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Gesso


I colored the background with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Gelatos (Pistachio and Cinnamon) and I also added some texture through the stencil "Crafter's Workshop 6x6 Stencil Mini Sketch Grid". After heat setting the modeling paste, I stamped the "Lotus" Limor Webber Designs Stamps by IndigoBlu with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Stamper's Big Brush Pen Chrome Green


With Lindy's Stamp Gang "Industrial Chic" Magicals by Limor Webber Designs I highlighted the texture I created with the modeling paste.


I stamped the "Lotus" Limor Webber Designs Stamps by IndigoBlu, two times over a piece of Manila Cardstock. The first one I left it whole, the second one, I cut all the petals and then adhered to the first stamped image using foam adhesive. To add some color and shine I used again Lindy's Stamp Gang "Industrial Chic" Magicals by Limor Webber Designs.  


All that was left to do was to write the quote, and cut it out in smaller pieces and adhered them to the tag. I also added some stamps in the background using "Rugged Edge Stamp" Limor Webber Design stamp by IndigoBlu and some black ink drips with Liquitex Professional Acrylic Ink - Carbon Black.

Here are some photos showing details of the project...





And here's the whole project...




What do you think about it? I hope you will like it! I had so much fun playing with all these great products that you can easily find in Limor’s Store. See below the complete list of materials I have used! 

Stay happy, stay creative…till next time! 











4 comments:

  1. Great tutorial - love this tag so much! Great use of the stamp

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW love your tag! Thank you for the tutorial and brava for your entering in Yoga world!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Tag! thanks for this tutorial
    hugs
    Mir

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply amazing! Your ideas are incredible. Love your style xx

    ReplyDelete