Thursday, September 17, 2015

Neon Graffiti Love You Card by Tonya Gibbs

 
Well hello again, my crafty friends.  Are you ready to get INKY?   I just got the new Lindy's Stamp Gang Limor Webber Designs Neon Graffiti in the mail last weekend. Let me tell you - IT IS SO VIBRANT and fun!  I don't think I'll ever get the pink and purple out of my nails (LOL)!
 
 
 
I had a few nieces turn 10 this week. I thought this would be a great opportunity to play around with these fabulous new colors and create something with an edgy pop culture feel! 

http://www.lindystampgang.com/search.php?search_query=neon+graffiti
 
These fantastic colors come in Flat Fabio (No shimmer) Sprays, Color Shots, Magicals and Embossing Powders.  In this set you will get your poppy/edgy warm colors with a true white and true black!   HOW EXCITIG.   When I say vibrant I MEAN IT! Intense pigment colors here - that's for sure!  
 

 
Of course my mind went immediately to Limor's Splattered Heart stamp from IndigoBlu.  It makes the perfect Graffiti graphic for my card design.   I used a Versa ink pad to stamp the image onto my watercolor paper, then used Lindy's Midnight Pewter embossing powder to create a resist.  I used this embossing powder instead of the one in the set, because I wanted it to have a little shimmer.   The one in the set is Flat. 
 
 
HERE IS A VIDEO TUTORIAL
 
 
 
 
In the video I  also shared my hand drawn Graffiti type.  If you are unsure about drawing these, you could always  cut block letters from a die cutting machine and layer them. I created this card as an A2 top folding card.  Here are the measurements for each panel.
 
watercolor paper - Cut to  3 3/4 inches x 5 inches (this is the panel with the art)
hot pink cardstock frame  - Cut to 4 inches x 5 1/4 inches
black cardstock -   4 1/4 inch x 11 inches  scored at 5 1/2 inches
 
 
 
 
This card is so FUN!  Next week I will share with you a project using the Magicals from this collection.
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya
 
 
Supplies:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment